Thursday, October 17, 2013

An Untamed HeartAn Untamed Heart by Lauraine Snelling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

An Untamed Heart by Lauraine Snelling


This book was a prequel to the Red River of the North series that I had read before and knew I wanted to learn more about the character of Ingeborg Strand....Lauraine took me back with ease and I loved getting to know the young girl before she came to America.
If you love reading about strong families you are going to love this story.  I loved the way the whole family loved and helped one another esp when they went to the high mountains in the summers and worked there.  Most were just young kids but they had awesome responsiblilities and they did not shirk their chores, each knew what they were to do and if they didn't, they learned from older ones.

Ingeborg loved the mountains and the outdoors more then anything and when she came up to the mountains she excelled.  It was here that she met Nils, a young man that had been trapped after a bad fall and she and her family rescued him and nursed him back to health.  He had been a little spoiled by his family when he had came to the area but grew up a lot after seeing all that the family did.  He fell in Love with Ingeborg and they were to see one another again when he returned home to his family.

I won't tell you all there is between Nils and Ingeborg you will see for yourself as you read this story and if you are like me you will cry before the story is finished.
I am sure I will go back one day and re-read some of the early books of when Ingeborg came to America.

I was given this book by Bethany Publishing to read and review and thank you so much for the opportunity to do so.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment