Saturday, May 11, 2013


Where God Finds You: 40 Devotions Bringing Bible Characters to LifeWhere God Finds You: 40 Devotions Bringing Bible Characters to Life by Anita Higman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Where God Finds you:40 Devotions Bringing Bible Characters to Life
written by Anita Higman


Anita tells us she is no one special and was reluctant to write a book like this but after much prayer felt led to put scriptures together with some strong Characters from the Bible into Devotions daily or to just sit and read, soaking up words God wants you to hear.


Ancient Bible characters sometimes seem just that "Ancient".  Anita brought them to life for a few minutes as I read seeing them through her eyes.  I enjoyed reading about so many different characters ..some even without a name like "The Woman who touched his robe to receive healing by her belief".
Another was "The Woman who let down her hair and tears fell on Jesus feet, she dried the tears with her hair and kissed his feet in adoration".
I wonder why the Bible tells us of people without names,then I think.. "He loves even the least of us...."

This is a different type of devotional and well worth reading, thanks Anita for listening to the still small voice of our Lord and writing...

I was given this book by Bookclub network to review, thank you.


View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds really good! I think I will add this to my wish list. I like these kinds of books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this devotional too, and thought that it was unique, I felt like I was stepping right into the shoes of these Biblical characters,great review!

    ReplyDelete