Saturday, July 14, 2012

Debut Novel by Becky Wade "My Stubborn Heart"

My Stubborn HeartMy Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade

this was a debut novel and quite a story to begin with.
I could not tell which one of this couple had the most stubborn heart, I think they both did, what did you think???

Kate Donovan is burned out on work, worn down by her dating relationships and in need of adventure. she is 31 and single still..
when her grandmother wants her to go to Redbud Pa and help her restore the grand old house that she grew up in, Kate jumps at the chance.

It is here that she meets one-time hockey great Matt Jarreau, who has so many problems that he has come back to Redbud where he grew up to get out of the limelight. He now works refurbishing old homes and Gran ask him to help her working on her old home.

Kate and Matt have an instant "feeling" toward one another but become friends while they are working together.

When the stilted, uncomfortable interactions between these two slowly shifts into something more, is God answering some longtime prayers? or will Kate be asked to give up more then she ever dreamed for...

I enjoyed the seniors that walked through this story with Gran, the dinners Matt learned to cook and enjoy, Kate's closness with God and wanting to do what she could to help even if it meant not getting her hearts desire. Thanks Becky for a wonderful story..




View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for reviewing My Stubborn Heart for your blog, Paula! I'm honored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this nice blog! Keep blogging...CPS full form is clicks per second, if you want to know more about the Cps test, then you can get information here for the clicks per the second test.

    ReplyDelete