Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Discovering Joye: Uncovering the Treasures Inside Ordinary People, Places, Things and OurselvesDiscovering Joye: Uncovering the Treasures Inside Ordinary People, Places, Things and Ourselves by Jim Stovall
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"Discovering Joye" by Jim Stovall

I am a fan of this author since reading "The Ultimate Gift"..amazing man that has faced his fears and now helps others to be able to see more in life...
This is a small book packed with gems of wisdom that you can take and share each day.  His phrase on the cover "Uncovering the Treasures inside ordinary people,places,things and ourselves", is just how he lives his life.
He makes me want to be a better person and I am sure you will agree after reading too.
Joye Kanelakos was just an ordinary woman with a hidden talent that was found after her death, in her poetry. Jim list much of her work in this little book and you will be amazed at the heart of this woman...
one stands out for me that I will list here:
"Today"
Remember,
God this day unfurled
to everyone
Throughout the world
Unblemished Day;
BeJeweled and Pearled~
A Gift to you and me.
For each man's tower
or just a stone.
Born to climb higher
or be left alone.
Time is the Gift.
Use it with care.
Climb to the Heights~
Our dreams flourish there.

~This woman points out what so many refuse to see in a lifetime~

I was given this book by The Bookclub Network to read and review, thank you for this opportunity....


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment