Monday, June 2, 2014

The Forgotten SeamstressThe Forgotten Seamstress by Liz Trenow
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Liz Trenow writes "The Forgotten Seamstress"

New author for me and I loved the story, the emotion of the characters and the setting of another place I have never been...glimpses of Royal life was interesting too.

This is the story of Caroline Meadows and her meeting of Maria(Queenie).

Maria and Nora were just young girls living in an orphanage when someone from the Royal family came by to find a good seamstress.  They were lucky enough to be chosen and it changed their lives forever.

Caroline was helping her Mum sort through things in her home and found an old quilt that she had inherited from her grandma. This is the most interesting quilt that I have ever heard of as Caroline unravels how it was made and who made it. As Caroline pieces together the secret history of the quilt her life becomes intwined with that of Maria.

This is a must read Buckingham Palace, Prince of Wales, glamerous world and another that is being lived and  carried out downstairs in the servants quarters.  The ending will leave you surprised, I know it did me and wanting to read more of this author.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I saw this one and thought it looked really good!

    Did you get a chance to watch that movie - "Love Finds You in Sugarcreek" it was pretty good, they only changed a few things, but stayed pretty close to the book.

    ReplyDelete