Tuesday, January 5, 2016

January is my Birthday month

This one is monumental in that I will be 75...
Who would ever have thought when they were growing up that one day you would be old.
~Not I~
I grew up in Ky where the days were long and satisfying for the most part.
I had 8 siblings, it seemed as if the oldest 4 were gone by the time I was aware of my life
Two sisters getting married and leaving home still in their teens.
Two brothers joining the service and leaving home.
next was my sister Pearl who being just a little older,it seemed we were always doing things together
Below me was a brother and two sisters,Bill Sue and Linda.

My friends were school classmates and ones from church along with neighbors.
We were not allowed to venture far from home.
I spent many days playing with my siblings in our home or yard.
I just knew life would be so much better when I was grown.
~Then~

! graduated-left home and moved to Texas ,
Big sister lived here and I soon found a job
Galveston island was so different from Ky.
This is where I met my first husband
He was a sailor and so cute in that uniform.

I married him too quickly,hardly knew the guy 
spent the next 20 years regretting my too quick decision.
The only happy part was having two sons that I adored.
Husband spent many years with the ups and downs of alcoholism.

My second part of life was after a divorce and few years later
met and married a retired army guy in Savannah Ga.
He treated me so special when we first met
just knew this would be a happier time

I am not a good judge of men it seems....

1 comment:

  1. What????? 75? No Way!!! I don't believe it for a second! You don't seem 75, everyone looks younger through their blog! ;-)
    Happy Birthday my dear!

    ReplyDelete