Monday, January 19, 2015

Orphan TrainOrphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Novel "Orphan Train" by Christina Baker Kline

This is first I have read of this author and must confess I picked it because of the title, I like reading about the train riders.
She did not dissapoint me, research is good and I learned much about the kids that had ridden trains like this.
I so enjoyed the correlation between a young troubled girl and older woman that had been through so much.
Vivian and Molly had quite different lives but similar also,don't you think?
Boxes in the attic I felt sure would be emptied and the attic cleared as Vivian was now 90 years old, so many memories there that she sifted thru with the help of a young girl who needed the wisdom Vivian had after her long life.
Thanks to Christina for a great story reminding us of a time long ago and all that the children went through as they traveled west.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment